New Year, New Semester

January 20th, 2012 secain13

Hello everyone,

After being back in León for a little bit, I am finally feeling adjusted again to being here. It was hard to leave my family yet again, but I am lucky enough to have them coming to visit me in April! I heard mixed reviews about going back home for Christmas from past students because it was difficult for them go back, but I know that it was definitely the right choice for me. Even though I had another teary-eyed goodbye in the airport with my parents, it was totally worth it for me to be able to spend time at home.

After a marathon day of travelling, I was exhausted and the first few days here were definitely tough. However, it´s been great to catch up with my friends here who I hadn´t seen in a few weeks and I missed León as well as speaking Spanish! Since being here, I’ve been very busy with my work because I have exams next week. I am most nervous for my sociology exam because there are a ton of things to memorize for the exam and I am one of the very few people in the class who isn’t a native Spanish speaker. Not to mention, this final is worth the majority of my grade for the class. Borrowing notes from friends in the class and meeting with the professor on a weekly basis have definitely helped me out, but now it’s up to me to study and memorize all the information. This has really made me appreciate exams at Holy Cross for the sole fact that they are in English! The other two finals that I have shouldn’t be quite as difficult so I am less nervous for those, but I still have a lot of preparing left to do for the exams. I’ve got a full weekend of studying ahead of me!

Wish me luck!