There’s no place like home for the holidays…

January 5th, 2012 secain13

Greetings from the US!
I’m here at home right now, enjoying the last few days of my break before I head back to Leon. The past two weeks have gone by pretty fast, but I’ve had a great time seeing family and friends. It feels pretty great to sleep in my own bed, drive my car, hear people speak English, go to Dunkin donuts, watch American TV, and spend time with friends and family. I’m so glad that I had the chance to go home for Christmas because I really couldn’t see myself staying away until June. I didn’t do too much during this break; it was just great to spend time with my friends and family from home. It will definitely be bittersweet as I go back to Leon. On one hand, it will be really hard leaving my family since I’ve started to get used to being home. On the other hand, I’ve got so much to look forward to for this semester. I’m really excited to go back because I already know what to expect, I miss my host mom and my friends, and I’m in the process of planning some great trips for the semester (I´ve already got a pretty long list of countries that I would like to visit!). I’m also looking forward to my family visiting me next semester so they can finally see where I’ve been living since September. I can’t believe that I’m going back so soon and I’m so thankful that I have another semester in Leon!

One Response to “There’s no place like home for the holidays…”

1. diana baker says:

pedia

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!…